Fresh off The Press
Upcoming Trade Shows
Multiple Patents of Heddon baits and hardware, including description and Pre-patent uses.
Also Included are a couple sections on the rare "Round Nose" vamps and tips on dating justification and history!
Book Includes interesting information on "Crackle Back" baits and the evolution of their history.
The Book also lists critical tips on how to identify colors such as the Gold Fish scale above from the Red Scale Vamp.
Above Photo, top left corner: The Authors Great Grandfather Can be found in the 1940 & 1941 Heddon Catalogs
The Heddon Vamp 7500 "New 2013 Collectors Book"
E-Books will be available for 29.95 in Around 1 NOV 2013
The Heddon Vamp 7500 Collectors book contains over 270 Color Pages and over 350 Images of the 7500 Series Heddon Vamp.Over 65 Images of more than 20 different box types and variations used for 7500 Baits, including in depth dating research and Justification.
Above: The Rear Cover created by, William Mathes
Over 350 photos and descriptions of baits listing; rarity, type, era, color & hardware.
The Heddon Vamp Website
- Heddon Focused Forums including the most respectable line of Heddon "Key Expert Personnel" to help answer just about any Heddon questions.
- You may use the forums to buy/sell/trade your baits as well. Or register and become part of the Heddon Team!
- Multiple Links to websites including, Joe's Board; The most notorious Antique Lure Forum on the Web.
- Collectors Clubs: Both; State Clubs and the National Fishing Lure Collectors Club. These club sites also come in extremely handy when looking for "Upcoming Lure Collectors Trade Shows"
- Plenty of pages on Heddon look alike baits, Include the AL&W Venus Minnow, Lucky Strike, CCB Co. SHUR Strike and the German made DAM / Eveready Baits.
A Bit More about the book!
Multiple pages of advertisments, patents, Catalog listings with simple broken down, easy to understand terminology and dating methods.
The most informative compilation of justification and research on the Heddon Vamp ever included in one book.
Extremely informative section on the standard bait grading system, and an easy step by step process coinciding with the NFLCC standard grading guidelines.
Extremely rare photos and interview notes from the Heddon Factory in 1953.
This book also includes well over 100 excerpts from nearly every catalog from 1920 to 1965 and explains in fine detail over twenty 7500 bait types in chronological order. Most baits can be accurately dated and matched with their corresponding box to within 2 years.
Includes several sections on Heddon Made Abbey & Imbrie baits, hardware, type and era.
Over 85 Pages of Multiple baits in every possible color known including; description, era, hardware and rarity.
Contains 34 Pages with multiple photos of Standard & Deluxe catalogs. Box Inserts, Pocket guides and page views of the 7500 bait listings. Including the rare 1942-43 & 1946-48 Catalogs, surrounding the War era.
The hardware section covers in depth information on stamped diving lips, hardware, belly stencils, colors, types, sizes and precice dating techniques.